Tuesday 1 February 2011

Moar game updates

Well, even though I know few people will actually read this despite having flagged my blog on my youtube (godamnit man! You have 20 subscribers, get real!) I feel like I should give an update post. Progress on Episode 7 was halted earlier this week as I felt (and still feel to some extent) like a heavy headed, sore throat-ed, snot factory with a hacking cough. This obviously had a less-than-desirable effect on my voice. But lo and behold, I have continued and I'll most certainly get the next episode uploaded within the next two weeks.

Finished Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Still a great game, even if there's alot of build-up to a very disappointing climax.
Silent Hill 2 and 3 are indeed fantastic examples of the horror genre at it's best and most sophisticated. I can't play sustained sessions of the game and find myself playing 20 - 30 minutes everyday, well...20 - 30 nerve shredding minutes. I'm such a wuss. I'd summarise the differences between the two games as thus, Silent Hill 2 has the best cast, storyline and atmopshere in any game. This is just my opinion but Silent Hill 3 actually scares me more (I played about an hour of it and haven't touched the game in 3 weeks) whereas I've clocked up 4 hours 30 minutes on Silent Hill 2. I guess it's because Silent Hill 3 seems more claustrophobic in the way that there's not so much of the open air outdoor sections. Plus I think the horror is of the more shocking variety of "under your skin" scares. Many fans may disagree with me on that but that's my opinion.

I got Mercenaries to work but it can be rather...tempermental.

No comments:

Post a Comment