Thursday 2 December 2010

So...yeah, here you go.

Like all the youtube cool-kids I decided to set up a proper blog A) so I'm not limited to DA journals (though I may do "dual posts" where I post stuff from my DA journal on my blog or vice versa) and B) to help me practice my journalism skills for a possible career in that field. So anyway, I'm already up to Episode 5 of my Citizens Mind series. So here they all are for your viewing displeasure. I will also use this blog to show off my art and occassional writing (being the egotistical prick I can sometimes be).

In way of introduction, I'm a 16 year old college student from the UK. I'm an avid video game fan, music lover, reader and amateur artist. I am on Deviantart (http://thegentlemansoldier.deviantart.com/) and Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGentlemansShadow?feature=mhum).

Episode 1:


Episode 2:


Episode 3:


Episode 4:


Episode 5:


Next episode's going to be a while as I am planning something slightly special for the next installment. Look at me, acting as if I have fans!

In other news, for all of those peeps who don't live in the UK, last couple'a years we've had an abnormal rise in the amount of snow we have each winter. I never saw snow first-hand untill I was about 6 or 7 years old and even then it had the depth of A4 paper. Now last winter we had about a week and a half of snow and there seemed to be a massive fuss as almost all travel was halted and the economy put on hold over night. I was off school for almost a whole week (untill we had to go back by which point the exposed ice made it a hazard walking to school). Now we've had another bout of snow. Last couple of days in Portsmouth it's been "trying" to snow but hasn't settle. Today it's been snowed up enough so I didn't have to go to college, on a thursday too! But it reminded me of a hilarious conversation I had with a foreign student from Norway who's in my history class about how in other European countries it doesn't cause much of a fuss but here in Britain everybody treats it as doomsday. XD I have been to the snowy rockies and French Alps before so I'm not too unfamiliar with snow.

Anyway, my intent of buying and playing Silent Hill this christmas lead me to look at the trailer for the up-and-coming Silent Hill 8 and saw a multitude of comments immediately comparing it to Silent Hill's 1-4 which look like really good games but almost all these comment said that the series died after Origins. Although I admit I am not a "proper" Silent Hill fan (I haven't played the games but have expressed alot of interest) and it may be hard for me to get into the mindset of your typical die-hard Silent Hill fan but I think people should give this game a chance. There's only been a teaser trailer for it so far and just because it's made by a different team probably will only make it different. Of course the loss of Akira Yamaoka who composed such a fantastic soundtrack for the games and the disbanding of the talented Team Silent will be a shame, it seems abit premature to be condemning a game before you've gotten beyond the teaser trailer. It'd be like me (as a die-hard Valve fan) looking at the early promotional ads for Portal 2 and simply saying, in the words of the engineer: "Nope.avi". I might gradually work through the SH series to maybe get abit of perspective on this and inform my opinions abit but that's my initial reaction. In the words of Travis from Noisy Hill (Best. Parody. Ever!) "The fans will turn on youuuuuuuu...!"

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment